The Production Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that Group Leaders are working on correct orders based on coordinating with Production Resource Planner and overall knowledge of all workflow. Works closely with Group Leaders to ensure all needs for all aspects of manufacturing are met. The Production Supervisor works closely with the Plant Manager/Other Production Supervisors/Manufacturing Engineer/Quality Personnel/Trainers to ensure all equipment, machines, fixtures, and tools are in good and proper working order. The Production Supervisor reports to the Plant Manager.
Specific responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience supervising and managing a production team.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing schedules, workflow, safety, personnel and equipment.
- Works Closely with the Production Resource Planner to ensure schedules are being met.
- Works closely with Plant Manager to ensure that all production lines adhere to production manuals
- Coordinates with Quality Manager on all aspects of production including recommending procedures
- Responsible for coordinating with Group Leaders and Plant Manager to ensure all fixtures used in production are in good working order
- Monitors volume of product lines and suggests what additional fixtures, production methods could be implemented to reduce labor
- Attends Weekly Group Leader Meetings
- Responsible for reporting recommendations on which departments may require additional resources
- Required to Open/Close Building as needed
- Performs other incidental and related duties as assigned
Specific Job Requirements
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication capabilities.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels.
- Ability to read and understand technical documents and interpreting written assembly procedures
- Knowledge of Sage ERP software or similar Back Office/Production Software
- Knowledge of Excel/Word/Outlook/PC Office Systems.
Education & Experience
- A four-year degree and/or 5+ years of related experience and proven performance.
- Should possess strong calculative and analytical skill sets.